Everyone loves pizza. Yes! It is a favorite meal made with dough, cheese, tomato sauce, and various toppings. Enjoy the vegetarian pizza it has become loved by millions across the world.
A vegetarian pizza is much healthier than a traditional pizza because it is loaded up with lean proteins and vegetables that can provide everyone with ample nutrients they need in their daily diet. There are plenty of serving and topping options to help it fit into your healthy routine. Although it is a wonderful treat, it provides certain nutritional benefits as well.
Why & How Vegetarian Pizza Can Be Good For You?
Think about it, there are so many reasons this could be a great way to enjoy your favorite pizza, following are some reasons how this indulgent meal can also be good for you:
- A Well-Balanced Meal for Your Breakfast
Timing doesn’t matter when it comes to pizza; it can still be a perfect and balanced meal choice. What do you need in your healthy breakfast? Just a mix combo of fat, carbohydrates, and protein. And a vegetarian pizza contains all of them. Eating pizza for breakfast will leave you satisfied and full for a longer period.
- Helps Your Body In Absorbing An Antioxidant Lycopene
Tomatoes are highly rich in an antioxidant named “lycopene”. As compared to fresh tomatoes, lycopene is more easily absorbed from cooked ones. One tablespoon of pizza sauce is equivalent to eating one-half cup tomatoes and contains 2,000 mcg of lycopene.
- Helps You Eat Your Favorite Veggies
Pizza can be the best way to eat your favorite vegetables because the majority of people don’t enjoy eating veggies. When combined with dough, sauce, and cheese, veggies can take on a whole new life. Fresh veggies contain antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, which host plenty of health benefits.
- Makes Your Bones Stronger
Cheese is the best source of calcium that your body uses to makes your bones stronger and healthier and prevent the onset of osteoporosis. Avoid intake of heavy cheese; otherwise; you may suffer from cardiovascular diseases because it clogs your arteries.
- Offers You A Lot Of Protein
Everyone knows how a protein plays an essential role in the functioning of your body parts. It helps you stay full and satiated. According to the National Academy of Medicine, an adult should intake 7g protein for every 20 lbs. of his body weight. But for the right quantity, must visit a qualified dietitian.
Wondering For a Basic Vegetarian Pizza Recipe? Here It Is!
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 1 pie
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato, slivered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- ½ cup yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup mushroom
- ½ cup broccoli floret (small)
- Mix together 1/4 cup water and tomato paste in a medium bowl. Add a bit more water, if needed to achieve your desired consistency.
- Add in minced garlic and continue mixing.
- Now spread your dough with the prepared tomato sauce, leaving half an inch for the crust.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms, bell peppers, broccoli florets, olives, tomatoes, and finally with cheese on top.
- Next, sprinkle with the seasonings and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Simple as that!