Savor a gourmet family weekend with this Vegan Garlic Crust Pizza! Each layer of this homemade vegan pizza recipe unveils the secrets of acquiring that satisfying stringy cheese pull.
The vibrant veggies sitting on a bed of cheese and fluffy garlic crust base is a pure drool-worthy invitation. The hint of aromatic seasoning on top adds its incredible flavor zing! Furthermore, the pizza stone helps distribute the heat evenly which results in an impressively baked lip-smacking pizza.
Without further ado, let’s move on to the Vegan Garlic Crust Pizza recipe!
For the Pizza Dough-
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp dry yeast (2.5 grams)
- 0.5 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the Pizza Topping
- 2 Tbsp pizza sauce
- 100 grams vegan cheddar/mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (deseeded & sliced thinly)
- 1 red bell pepper (deseeded & sliced thinly)
- 1 small onion (sliced & rings separated)
- 2 tbsp corn kernels
- 2-3 black olives (pitted and sliced)
- 3 button mushrooms (cleaned and sliced thinly)
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1-2 rosemary sprigs
To Make the Pizza Dough-
- First and foremost, mix the sugar in half a cup of lukewarm water. Then, stir in the dry yeast and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Now, in a large bowl, mix the flour with the minced garlic and salt.
- Next, add the yeast water into the flour and mix it. Knead well for 10-15 minutes to form a soft dough. (*If required you may add some more lukewarm water).
- Coat the dough ball with a tablespoon of olive oil, cover the bowl, and keep in a warm place for 1-2 hours (or you may let the dough rise for 3-4 hours).
- After the rising time is up, dust some dry flour on the dough and knead a second time for 2-3 minutes. Coat the dough with a tablespoon of olive oil and keep in a warm place for 1 more hour.
Rolling the Dough & Baking the Pizza
- Right before rolling out the dough, place the pizza stone in the lowest rack of the oven and set it for preheating at 400 °F (200 °C).
- Now, knead the dough for 1-2 minutes and spread it out using your fingers. (*if facing difficulty use a rolling pin)
- Sprinkle some cornmeal/flour on the pizza paddle and place the flattened pizza base on it.
- Spoon the pizza sauce all over evenly and sprinkle the grated vegan cheese on top.
- Next, place the prepped veggies- bell peppers, onion rings, corn kernels, sliced black olives, mushrooms, & halved cherry tomatoes on the cheese layer.
- Sprinkle the red chili flakes, oregano & rosemary.
- Slide the pizza gently onto the pre-heated pizza stone placed in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 °F.
- After 10 minutes of baking, increase the temperature to 450 °F and bake for 3-5 minutes for a stringy melted cheese delight and perfect pizza crust.
Finally, remove the Vegan Garlic Crust Pizza from the oven using a pizza paddle, slice it using a pizza cutter, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 1604
- Protein: 57.91 g
- Fat: 51.21 g
- Carbohydrate: 227.4 g
- Fiber:14.2 g
- Cholesterol: 112 mg
- Vitamin C: 121.4 mg
- Calcium: 819 mg
- Sodium: 1166 mg
- Potassium: 1264 mg